Wednesday 5 August 2009

Where has my passenger gone?

When youv'e been doing this job a while you learn how to read people and know when to pull off before they get in the car unfortunatly you have to learn this by experience which is sometimes intimidating and stressful but you have to handle the situation the best you can. There are a couple of pubs in town that im always ready to pull of from as im mentaly reading the punter approaching my cab its much easier for me to do this than to put myself in a situation where I have to suffer abuse and maybe confruntation as I remove them from my car. Unfortunatly sometimes they slip through the net but not very often. I remember one night I got a job on walney Island from some house party. Now id watched her approch the car and she was fine she said she wanted to go to holbeck which is a good fare especialy after midnight so of I went. When I arrived at the address I asked her for the fare and waited this was taking sometime which is quite usual when people have had a couple. I looked in my mirror thats strange! as I rapidly turned to look behined where the hell is she. Not on the seat thats for sure but on the floor. My god here we go. I shouted at her and gave a couple of prods to her arm nothing MY GOD SHES DEAD! I checked that she was breathing she was, WHAT A RELIEF! Well what do I do now? Only one option find a police officer they can deal with it so back to town I trot meter ticking away am I going to get payed I doubt it.When I found a police officer they couldnt wake her either at this point im looking at the town hall clock great all this money im loosing. They were about to get an ambulance to our surprise she wakes up I dont want to take her no further incase it happens again and the meter had clocked up a good £25 by now which I want paying, before id even got her back to holbeck. Sometimes you have to look on the funny side and agread to get her home for £15 I made sure she stayed awake the rest of the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment