Sunday 16 August 2009

TEMPTING FATE

Somtimes you get people geguinly intrested in your job the just plain nosey, or the ones that use it as a way of starting a bit of banter. It always ends up in the same statement of "I couldn't do your job people being sick in your car". Now im not superstitious but after ive explained its never happened to me I always say "Touch wood" Out aloud! and thank them for probably jinxing my night.

Last night wasn't particualy busier than any other saturday night and i was hitting my average hourly rate. Sometimes tho if your lucky you can make in one hour which would normaly take you about five hours, It dosn't happen very often, but last night was the night I fell lucky! The last of these jobs which was giving me a good boost was a six seater job from one of the vilages on the outskirts of Barrow. As soon as I pulled up two people sprung from the car like a coiled spring and started being sick. Thank god it wasnt in the car. They started blaming me, Yeagh right its all my fault and nothing to do with all them aftershocks they said they'd downed before we left. I must say I felt realy guilty taking the fare of them as they were protesting id made them ill, I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment